Tuesday 29 January 2013

Something's actually happening Reg!

Sorry, favorite (and frequently quoted) line from a favorite movie there :o)

I've managed to acquire a bit of sewing hyperactivity in the last week and actually gotten a fair bit done. Woohoo!

The quilt top Susan donated to the bush fire appeal is finished. Main lesson learnt here was to keep it simple, or I'll be quilting up these tops all year! I love how it turned out though. It's quilted with Aurifil 50wt in off white (2021). I used an echo-leaf type design, and the texture is lovely.


I also managed to get this gorgeous quilt top by Saffron Craig quilted - a simple large stipple using Mettler variegated thread in pink/purple. 


I just need to get these bound, and I also one more top waiting in the wings to quilt up, so I'm kind of keeping up with them so far! A HUGE number of quilts have arrived today as well, so I'll be busy delivering them later in the week! I'm in the process of photographing them all to share with you.

I've also done a bit of block making. Leila is running a Schoenrock Cross QAL - I don't have time to do a whole quilt of them yet (but I'm going to after the appeal calms down) but I couldn't resist making one. I won a charm pack of Fairy Tale Friends last year, and most of the prints are from that, aside from the black dots (Authentic by Sweetwater) and the script print (Lakehouse Dry Goods).

Schoenrock Cross #1

And I've joined the Aurifil 2013 BOM. I'm using my fat quarter bundle of Grand Hotel by Jenean Morrison (that I got for a song when the Fat Quarter Shop had 50% off Free Spirit at the end of last year), as well as a few other coordinating prints (this one uses a Sweetwater text print from Sunkissed). This block is called Jumping Jack Flash and was designed by Erin Russek. I'm not normally a pink person, but I love the combination with the teal and greys in the centre print :o)


Jumping Jack Flash

Now I've just got to get my bee blocks done for January (and continue ignoring my FAL list ;o) )

xx Jess

11 comments:

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

Lovely quilts! Your blocks are beautiful, what is the background fabric in the second block?

Susan said...

Both your star blocks are fabulous! I love pink so the second one really appeals to me! Thank you again for bringing my quilt alive! You did go 'above and beyond' in your treatment of it! (I wish I was there to help you bind it- I love that part of the quilt making process!)

Charlotte said...

I really REALLY want to have a go at that shoenrock cross block. Drooooool!

Jessica said...

Lol - ignore, ignore :) You're getting plenty done (beautifully, I might add) - don't beat yourself up too much!

Angela Bullard said...

Ooooh I'm loving that Aurifil block! I had kind of written off that BOM but looking at this makes me want to reconsider!

Sharon said...

Love that pink and turquoise block, wow! You have been busy

VeganMinimal said...

I adore the quilt that is on the first picture - so modern and dynamic. And the quilting makes it look really exclusive. Nice job!

Katy Cameron said...

The quilts are looking great, and love those blocks!

Alyce @ Blossom Heart Quilts said...

Good on you for quilting it so nicely, it looks amazing! But yes, if you have lots to do, chop chop :P
And pretty blocks too!!

Dianne Neale said...

Oh I'd love to make a whole quilt with the cross, but I don't think I have the patience!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Those quilts are lovely and your blocks are gorgeous! You've got lots of sewing done :)