Monday 19 March 2012

Pink Castle Contest

Katy the ginger monkey (aka the pied piper of quilting - thanks Lynne for that one, love it!) is running a contest on her blog at the moment. The brief is to pick a selection of 12 fabrics from Brenda's store (Pink Castle Fabrics), make a mosaic, blog it and link up to Katy's blog.

So here is my bundle:



1. Hello Pilgrim Jewels in Purple Lizzy House, 2. Illusion in pink by Lizzy House, 3. Blockprint blossom in pink by Joel Dewberry, 4. Time for Tea Floral in Aqua Liz Scott Domestic Bliss for Moda, 5. Sea Garden in Ocean - Salt Air by Cosmo Cricket for Moda Fabrics, 6. Metro Living Lattice in Dusty Blue by Robert Kaufman, 7. Empire Weave in Garnet Heirloom by Joel Dewberry, 8. Hello Pilgrim Jewels in Turquoise Lizzy House, 9. Vintage Ironwork in Berry Secret Garden by Sandi Henderson, 10. Basketweave in Pink Magenta Dazzle by Melissa Averinos, 11. Daisy's Dates in Graphite Reunion by Sweetwater for Moda, 12. Mono Pez in Gray Pezzy Prints by American Jane for Moda

My inspiration for this was my daughter's favorite tunic top - shades of purple and aqua with a few pops of pink. The grey is there to mellow it out a bit (plus who can resist text prints and pez?!?) I think it would make a super pretty quilt. If I win (yeah, right!!) I would probably use them to make something using the Spring Carnival templates I got the other day :o).

PS - if you haven't already entered my giveaway, hurry up! It closes tomorrow night :o)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

love those fabrics!!!

ScissorsandThread said...

Lovely colours, really like the greys mixed in with it.

Tracey @ The Peony Teacup said...

I see we have similar taste! I used the Salt Air print and the Lattice.. and I auditioned the Turquoise Hello Pilgrim.. and I used an aqua Pezzy.. and I auditioned the Vintage Ironwork (but in the grey)..

Love the colours that you used.. so tempted to go do another one in girlier colours!

Quiltification said...

Pretty!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

yummy!

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

Love your bundle!

Sew Lovins said...

Super in love with yer bundle!!