Wednesday 29 February 2012

WIP Wednesday with a few more finishes!

I am so glad to have a few more finishes this week. Phew, my WIP pile is not shrinking exactly, but I am getting somewhere at least!

I finished off my FTLOS big item (post here), and now just have to package it up with the small item (*cough* yet to be decided on *cough*) and send it off to the other side of the world. Yikes!

I finished my Modern Mini Quilt Challenge quilt. It's so tempting to show you all, but I want to wait till the 5th. Not sure why, its not really anything special, I just want to keep it under wraps!

I've discussed with my client and finalised the fabrics I'll be using for her commissioned quilts. We've decided on (mostly) Just Wing It by Momo as it matches her daughters' room's decor quite perfectly, with a few additional prints thrown in. I've been stashing prints from the collection for a while, and I'm really looking forward to starting to put these together, as I love the fabrics and I think (hope) they'll be really great quilts. While I was chatting to her on Sunday, she asked if I could put together a library bag for her daughter who's just started kindergarten. I obliged - its nice to get back to my non-quilty-sewing roots occasionally and I had some Flower Fairies fabric I was struggling to come up with a plan for. I've used Jeni's drawstring bag pattern and it is totally fantastic! I plan on making a few of these for my own kidlets for toys etc.


I've appliqued her daughter's name on it - and got to try out a few stitches on my machine that I've never used, which was fun! It does a really great blanket stitch which looks really cool around the letters. It's very sparkly and girly and I'd imagine her little girl will love it (what little girl doesn't love fairies?)

I've also made a bit of progress on my secret project.

WIP Stats:
Finished: 2
* For the Love of Solids project - DONE!!
* Modern Mini Quilt challenge - DONE!!

In progress: 3
* Swoon - completed 5/9 blocks
* Commissioned quilts - almost finished cutting (120 6" squares, 100 3"x6" rectangles and LOTS of white sashing - about 4 yards worth!)
* Secret project

Long term WIPs: 3
* Outfoxed on the High Seas
* Fandango
* Pop garden
plus a few other abandoned projects that may never see the light of day again ;)

I'm linking up to WIP wednesday over at Freshly Pieced (see link on left hand sidebar) - pop over and see all the other quilty inspiration!

xx Jess



5 comments:

Katy Cameron said...

Aww, what a cute wee bag. Looking forward to seeing your mini :o)

Di said...

Every little girl's dream of a bag!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

This is beautiful! Perfect for a little girl :)

Dahra said...

That is so cute, I would have loved a library bag when I was a little girl.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

that is adorable!!